We will focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
Download transcript PDF (106 KB)
We have simplified our business into five core divisions:
- Investments, Savings and Retirement the biggest financial challenge globally, and an exciting growth opportunity for Aviva, is helping people save for retirement with sufficient income. Aviva’s new IS&R business will take on that challenge. We will build on our expertise from across the group to provide the first holistic savings and retirement solutions business in the UK.
- UK Life our strategy in UK Life is to capitalise on our capabilities and leading market positions to generate significant levels of cash-flow to fund a sustainable group dividend. UK Life will also reinvest in profitable new business to increase cash-flows over the long-term.
- General Insurance we are targeting significant profitable growth in our General Insurance businesses through speed, simplicity and efficiency for our customers, and our distribution partners. We will strengthen personal lines performance while maintaining growth momentum and attractive margins in commercial lines.
- Europe Life we have focused European franchises with a strong operational track record. We will continue to focus on the fundamentals of distribution, product mix and cost efficiency to improve our performance.
- Asia Life we are retaining our businesses in Singapore and China which support our strategy of meeting customers’ saving and insurance needs. These are profitable businesses, delivering attractive growth and generating positive cash-flow. We have agreed the sale of our stake in our Hong Kong joint venture, Blue, to our partner Hillhouse Capital, and we are in discussions with our partners in relation to our business in Vietnam and joint venture in Indonesia.
We have strong technical skills in the fundamentals of savings, retirement and insurance, key digital assets and leading analytical capabilities.
We have a strong capital position and a robust balance sheet, a diverse distribution network and strong relationships with our intermediaries.
hg0080.com皇冠We have a well-known brand and 33 million customers. Our people are highly engaged and determined to deliver great outcomes for our customers.
hg0080.com皇冠We are committed to a progressive dividend policy. Our targets reflect our focus on providing sustainable growing returns to shareholders through strong performance and a robust balance sheet. Those returns are a function of economic value creation turning into capital generation and cash flow.
Our targets are:
- Solvency II return on equity: 12%
- Cash inflows to centre: £8.5-9.0 billion 2019-2022
- Operating capital generation: c£7.5 billion 2019-2022 net of interest and centre costs
- Cost reduction: £300 million net savings by 2022
- Debt leverage: £1.5 billion debt reduction 2019-2022